Last Updated: September 23, 2023
RXPERIUS, INC. (“rXperius,” “we,” or “us”), a healthcare market research firm, takes great pride in the relationships it has built and continues to build with the healthcare community. We respect the privacy of each community member and survey participant thus we would like to share with you just exactly how and why we collect and process the information you submit via our mobile MEDXER app. In sharing our policies and commitments, we hope to make all individuals using our website and mobile app (“visitors”) comfortable with the community registration process and understand the reasons why we collect a variety of information.
How registration information is collected and used
RXPERIUS, INC collects a range of information as part of the MEDXER app registration process for each member. The information collected throughout each step of the MEDXER registration process is described below. We have also included a brief summary on why we are collecting this information and how it will be used:
- Login Information– During the MEDXER registration process, visitors are asked to start the registration process by using prior secure login information set up through either using a valid and prior established Apple ID or Google Play Store for their MEDXER profile. If a member forgets his/her password, a password reset is available using the Apple ID or Google Play Store password reset process. Member passwords are not stored or tracked and are notaccessible to RXPERIUS, INC shareholders, officers, directors, employees and/or other agents.
- Contact Information– RXPERIUS, INC collects a variety of contact information (i.e. phone number, e-mail, etc.) for the purpose of alerting members to relevant survey opportunities, disbursing payments for completed surveys (using the provided mailing address), and for other purposes relating to the member account (i.e. account update reminders, compensation confirmation, opt-in newsletters, etc.). Any personally identifiable information collected through registration is not shared with third parties other than for the sole purpose of identity verification. (see “Sharing information with third parties”below).
- Profile Information– RXPERIUS, INC collects information from members about their job, lifestyle, and medical condition(s). This information is gathered and primarily used for the purpose of delivering relevant survey opportunities to our members. In some cases, this information may also be appended to a survey participant’s survey data record and analyzed in aggregate form. This information will not be personally identifiable when shared with third parties without the participant’s express consent.
- Information for verification– In an effort to prevent fraud, RXPERIUS, INC will ask all members to provide information that would help verify their identity (i.e. valid USA State Driver’s License, State ID, US Military ID, or US Passport). This information may be shared with a third party solely for the purpose of verifying your identity. After verification, the third party will properly discard such information and it will be encrypted and stored securely separate from RXPERIUS, INC servers until the member account is deleted. RXPERIUS, INC will not ask for social security numbers, credit/debit card numbers, or bank account numbers to verify a member’s identity.
Information collected through MEDXER surveys
Since the purpose of RXPERIUS, INC is to allow individuals to participate in paid medical research surveys, we believe it is important to explain how the survey information will be used.
All information gathered through MEDXER surveys is reported in a de-identified and aggregate form only and will not be directly associated with any personally identifiable information. If a survey requests the identity of survey participants for any reason, RXPERIUS, INC will contact the respondents directly in order to receive express permission for the release of such information.
In the event that a survey requests validation of survey participants for a particular project, a third party will be contracted to contact a random sample of respondents who participated in that specific survey to verify some of the provided information. The contracted third party will only use personally identifiable information to contact some of the respondents and will properly discard all such information after the end of such a project.
After qualifying for a survey, the respondent will be asked to set up or utilize the PayPal/Venmo online payment system that will be used to process the survey payment after the respondent successfully completes the entire survey. Respondent payment information within the PayPal/Venmo system will only be accessible to the Rxperius Compliance Officer and payment data will not be copied or stored to the RXPERIUS, Inc servers.
Information relating to survey payments
All compensation offered for completing a survey will be clearly stated on each survey invitation. In an effort to properly disburse survey payments, RXPERIUS, INC will ask each survey participant to enter and confirm use of the PayPal/Venmo online payment system. If a respondent refuses or declines to use the PayPal/Venmo online payment system, then the respondent will not receive payment for completing surveys and the respondent will not receive notification for participating in future surveys.
Information about income earned from surveys and survey participation history will be stored securely on our servers and will be offered to members via their secure online profile. Some of this information might be used for marketing purposes, but only in aggregate form without personal, individually identifiable information (i.e. total survey payments paid out during the course of a year). Individual respondent financial information will be released to US government agencies if a legal request is put forward or if requested by the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Passively collected information
RXPERIUS, INC will collect certain information using a visitor’s browser to produce statistics on how our website and mobile app are being used. Knowing these statistics helps us improve user experience. All passively collected information will not be personally identifiable.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a visitor’s computer to record and store certain data. RXPERIUS, INC uses session ID cookies to authenticate the member after initial login in order to allow easy profile browsing. The session ID cookie expires (deleted permanently) when you close your web browser. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Control of personal profile information
RXPERIUS, Inc collects member personal profile information, but the data is not stored with the aggregated respondent survey information. RXPERIUS, Inc does not sell or release any personal information to third party organizations.
Deleting RXPERIUS, INC account
In the event that a member wishes to delete their RXPERIUS, INC account, he/she will need to complete a request from their RXPERIUS, INC profile. This can be done by signing into the profile section of the MedXer app.
Security of information
RXPERIUS, INC takes certain security measures to protect any information submitted by members. A secure SSL encryption ensures the highest degree of security when data is being transferred online. Additionally, RXPERIUS, INC has certified www.RXPERIUS, INC.com with the following organizations and proudly displays their seals on our home page:
- Let’s Encrypt SSL Automation (SSL Certification)
www.RXPERIUS, INC.com is continually monitored in order to maintain the highest level of data security/integrity.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, follow this link.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Sharing information with third parties
RXPERIUS, INC does not share any personally identifiable information with third parties without a member’s express consent with the exception of validating a member’s identity during signup. RXPERIUS, INC does provide certain member information in aggregate form to clients and/or vendors, but such data does not contain personal, individually identifiable information.
Law enforcement activities
We may disclose any information about members to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
Transfer of ownership
The ability for individual outside of the US to register to use the MedXer app are not permitted. By browsing our website(s), completing the registration process, and using the mobile app, visitors understand and consent to the transfer of data to the United States of America.
Privacy contact information